There's a lot of information out there on how to keep your little ones safe on the spookiest night of the year. Here are few tips on making your property as safe as possible for all those visitors.
- Keep your house walking area well lit.
- Clear all tripping hazards on your porch and walkway.
- Remove flower pots, branches, clotheslines and garden hoses from your entire front yard (if the kids in your neighborhood are like mine, they tend to run from house-to-house, right over the lawn).
- Keep walkways and steps clean of leaves so they are easily navigatable.
- Keep your pets indoors for their protection, as well as for the protection of those curious and unfamiliar visitors. Even the nicest dog can be stressed out by all the activity on their property and react in unpredictable ways.
- Keep lit pumpkins on stable surfaces and well away from the trick or treaters. (Use battery-powered jack-o-lantern candles instead of real candles.)
- st not to let anyone - big or small - into your house, keep 'em on the porch.