Money Management is easy with these steps
When you’re married, money management can make or break a relationship. Make sure to sit down with your spouse and discuss your plans. Here are some great tips from Flar Star Bank to get you started.
!. Plan a time to talk. Make a regular habit of doing it.
2. Make it fun. Don’t make the talks all about business. Enjoy some wine or ice cream while doing it.
3. Talk about a budget that includes monthly bills, daily expenses, savings, rainy day fund. Don’t forget to budget your insurance! There are great apps out there like YNAB that can help!
4. Set up a joint checking account for bills and basic expenses. Work together.
5. Don’t always assume that you have to pool everything together. Find out what works for you. Sometimes having separate saving accounts will benefit the both of you.
6. Set long and short term goals.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
To read the full article from Flag Star Bank, please click here.
Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net