If longevity is a trusted sign of success, the E.W. Smith Insurance Agency proves to be one of Wyandotte's largest, most trusted Insurance providers today.
Located at 1717 Fort Street, this customer-oriented agency has grown from the dream of Ernest W. Smith in 1917, to the thriving business it has evolved into; three locations and over thirty active agent-stockholders!
In 1923 Edgar Smith joined his father's business. Success and growth in 1930 led the agency to move to 336 Poplar. Another move followed in 1941, along with a company-staffing expansion. By 1941 the agency employed nine agents and four secretaries at 2060 Biddle Ave. Those employment numbers have only grown stronger as our place in this community continues to grow.
Today, with locations in Wyandotte, Flat Rock, and Shelby Township, E.W. Smith is the largest insurance agency in the United States representing Auto Owners Insurance company. E. W. Smith continues on today with the simple, yet honest mission that began with Ernest & Edgar: Our customers are our neighbors. They are our community. By giving the extra time and effort to each individual client, we are not only protecting a family, but a part of our community.